What are hygiene screens?
Hygiene screens are a flexible and affordable way of protecting your workforce in an office space. These panels, designed with social distancing in mind, are available in a wide range of styles including freestanding screens, desk mounted partitions, frameless dividers, countertop desk guards, office pods, mobile dividing screens on wheels and many more. The materials used to manufacture hygiene screens are easy to clean and sanitise, meaning your new office partitions can be quickly wiped down to remove all traces of infectious particles.
What are hygiene screens made of?
Our range of hygiene screens include Perspex dividers and protection panels made from acrylic, glass or PVC acetate. These materials are used because they can be easily cleaned and sanitised to maintain a healthy and hygienic environment.
For hygiene screens that are designed to be permanently fixed in place, such as reception desk screens or desk divider panels - or for locations that prefer the more luxurious look of real glass - toughened Safety Glass is a popular choice for a number of reasons:
- It’s four to five times stronger than standard annealed float glass
- If broken, it disintegrates into small fragments with dulled edges that are less likely to cause injury
- It is also more resilient to scratches, therefore easier to clean and keep sanitised.
The majority of hygiene screens are manufactured from 5mm-thick clear acrylic Perspex®. Perspex® Screens are our best-selling and most popular protective barriers because:
- It is lighter and more affordable than glass
- It’s durable and longwearing
- It’s easy to keep clean
Some of our hygiene screens, including our adjustable roller screens, are made from 300-micron transparent acetate plastic. This is due to the fact that:
- It provides plenty of protection while remaining lightweight
- It allows you to move screens around without the need for wheels
- It’s a low-cost option compared to our Perspex® or glass dividers
What are the types of hygiene screens?
The different styles of hygiene screen we sell all serve various purposes around an office environment. Our large collection of hygiene screens includes innovative designs which have been created from concept to manufacture by our team of experts to facilitate safe working as we continue to deal with the Coronavirus pandemic. Hygiene screens for offices fall into three main categories: desktop, floor standing and suspended hygiene screens.
- Floorstanding Partitions - Whether on a desk or on the floor, these screens and dividers stand up by themselves, and can be linked to others to cover larger areas, however, they are also sturdy and stable enough to stand unassisted. They are available in a variety of different shapes and sizes and are the most common type of social distancing screen. Hygiene screens on wheels have metal frames that are finished with lockable castor wheels at the base. This makes it easy to move them around your office and fix them in place temporarily, making them a truly flexible social distancing solution.
- Desktop Screens - Designed for use on banks of desks, desk divider hygiene screens are some of the most effective for preventing the spread of illness around an office space. They can be fixed (screwed into desktops) or freestanding, and are available in both acrylic and glass finishes. Office receptions will benefit from a design of hygiene screen created specifically for purposes. These partitions are often finished with cut-out hatches for effective communication and transfer of money, goods or paperwork.
- Suspended Dividers - Typically used as an additional layer of protection, these hanging hygiene screens can be used pretty much anywhere in your office to form a transparent barrier between people. Lightweight and flexible, you can pin them to pre-existing fabric screens to give them an hygienic, wipe-clean finish or you can suspend them from the ceiling between workers for a frame-free, minimalist look that doesn’t take up floor or desk space.