Finding the right combination of screens, dividers and partitions for your business can seem like a daunting task, thanks to the sheer quantity of styles, qualities, materials and shapes available to buy.
We’ve put together this ‘buyer’s guide’ to help you sift through the jargon to choose the best possible products for your office.
- What is an office screen?
- Why choose an office screen?
- Where can you use an office screen?
- What types of office screens are there?
- Why buy your office screen from us?
What Is An Office Screen?
Office screens are available in a range of different sizes, styles and materials and serve different functions throughout your office space. From privacy to soundproofing, social distancing to display purposes; these effective partitions turn the blank canvas of an open-plan office layout into a space that’s been personalised to suit your business’s requirements.
Office screens and partitions offer a cost-effective alternative to constructing permanent solutions for your workforce’s everyday requirements; be that private offices, meeting spaces, break rooms or individual desk areas.
Office screens are also known as:
- Office partitions
- Office partition screens
- Desk dividers
- Privacy screens
- Social distancing screens
- Meeting pods
- Screens on wheels
- Perspex Screens
- Concertina screens
- Mobile partitions
- Room dividers
- Acoustic screen
- Office panels
- Acoustic boards
Why Choose An Office Screen?
There are a number of different reasons why you may choose to invest in office screens for your business.
- Practical and Affordable - office screens and partitions are a low-cost alternative to permanent office installations. Many of these partitions are multifunctional, and can be employed around your office for different purposes; they are adaptable to any number of environments. A number of styles are also already in-stock and available with fast dispatch.
- Increase Productivity & Concentration - even the most basic fabric screen can help to increase employee productivity by offering an element of privacy, but acoustic panels are also available to minimise noise pollution for a more quiet environment conducive to concentration.
- Segment Your Office Space - office screens are a flexible and adjustable solution for dividing up your open-plan office space into smaller areas. Meeting spaces, break rooms, individual ‘cubicles’ and private offices can all be created using screens, dividers and partitions, transforming large, busy spaces into tidy ‘zones’.
- Protect Your Workforce - since the arrival of the Coronavirus pandemic, we’ve been forced to consider how best to protect the health of employees as never before. Social distancing screens have become a common site in offices, retail locations, hospitality venues and other public spaces in an effort to help prevent the spread of the virus. These measures, moving forward, will also be effective in stopping workplace outbreaks of seasonal illness such as common colds, flu or Norovirus.
Where Can You Use an Office Screen?
Office screens and partitions are suitable for use in many different locations, such as:
- Open plan offices
- Call centres
- Leisure centres
- Staff rooms
- Reception areas
- Universities & college
- Community centres
- Canteens & breakout rooms
- Waiting rooms & medical centres
What Types Of Office Screens Are There?
We sell a wide range of different office screens to suit all purposes. To make it easy for you to choose the best ones for your business, we’ve broken our collection down into smaller segments so you can browse more easily.
The most basic kind of screen available, these simple, effective and affordable office partitions are usually made with an internal core covered with a commercial-grade woven fabric. They have a durable metal frame with a strong and stable base. These screens can be linked together using the linking strips provided, but for a larger coverage and a solution that is easy to roll out and store away, a concertina screen is an excellent alternative option.
We also sell printed office panels which can be personalised with your own branding or other artwork for a luxury feel.
- Range of sizes and styles available
- Divides up busy working areas
- Branded office dividers available
- Cost-effective screen solutions
- Linkable & reconfigurable dividers
- In-stock options for next day delivery
Acrylic, Glass & Perspex® Screens
A modern alternative to more traditional fabric screens, transparent acrylic Perspex® or glass office partitions serve a range of purposes. The clear material means that these dividers do not block natural light from filtering through the office space, maintaining a light and bright workplace which can be a real boost to employee morale. The see-through clear vision panels allow communication and visibility to continue in the workplace.
Since the arrival of the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to rethink the way we structure office spaces to help prevent the spread of sickness through the workforce. Our range of social distancing screens offers effective floor, mobile, desk, medical and sneeze screens (designed for retail and hospitality outlets as well as receptions where transactions and interactions are frequent) form barriers between people, blocking the transfer of potentially infectious respiratory particles transmitting from person to person. Made from materials like acrylic, Perspex® and toughened safety glass, these panels can be easily wiped clean and sanitised regularly to maintain a hygienic and healthy working environment.
Our most effective and best quality social distancing screens form our ACHOO® range. ACHOO® Screens are designed and manufactured in the UK to help keep businesses open and operating safely during and following the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information on how social distancing screens are an effective countermeasure against the spread of illness, please visit our blog.
- Ideal social distancing screens
- Freestanding protection barriers
- Counter and desk sneeze screens
- Prevent the spread of infectious illnesses
- Hygienic, wipeable, easy clean surfaces
- Ideal for customer-facing and office environments
- Creates a physical separation barrier
- Bespoke sizes available on request
- Available in a variety of sizes
Acoustic office screens are designed and manufactured especially to absorb noise and prevent reverberation in large, open-plan offices with minimal soft furnishings. These spaces can be busy, noisy and distracting places – particularly in locations such as call centers or sales departments. Noisy offices can reduce both productivity and accuracy as employees are trying to concentrate in a distracting environment. Introducing a series of office screens and partitions can help to reduce noise pollution in your office by minimising Absorption (preventing sound waves from reverberating around a space) and offering Insulation (controlling the distribution of sound between one space and another).
There are two types of acoustic office screens: standard and premium. Our best value standard acoustic screens are 35mm thick and manufactured from a strong internal core that’s covered with a pinnable acoustic layer on both sides, before being finished with a foam-backed fabric all over. Premium acoustic office screens are slightly thicker, with a hollow core, and are therefore more effective at absorbing noise and as a result, reducing distractions in the workplace.
- Sound absorbing desk dividers, floor screens and pods
- Standard and premium acoustic screens available
- Partially glazed and curved options available
- Designed to reduce noise pollution & reverberation
- Helps to create productive working offices
- Suitable for linking together
Desk Divider Screens
Desk divider screens are used to form barriers around individual work spaces on large desk banks. They offer employees (or students) private working spaces and give a professional, neat finish to any office in contrast to large open desk banks which can appear untidy. Mounted on to a desk using a metal clamp, desk screens reduce distractions & increase productivity. They can be linked together to create right-angle screens which are perfect for dividing up multiple desks within a bank.
Choosing the right desk divider screens for your business means assessing the needs of your workforce. Classic fabric desk dividers are an affordable and practical option. Acoustic desk screens, for example, significantly reduce noise transmission between individual ‘cubicles’, creating a peaceful and productive personal environment. Acrylic and Perspex® desk dividers allow effective communication while providing a durable barrier between employees to reduce the risk of virus transmission. Please note - acrylic panels and headers are available as additions to fabric or acoustic screens for social distancing measures.
- Affordable desk screen solutions
- Range of widths and heights available
- Fabric, acoustic or Perspex® options
- Supplied with desk clamps
- Different shapes available
- Covered with fire rated fabric
- Choice of 12 fabric colours
- Bespoke sizes available
- Linkable screens
Our collection of ‘in stock’ Speedy screens and dividers showcases partitions that are available for fast UK delivery. The range includes both standard fabric and acrylic options in desk dividers, freestanding floor screens, roller banner screens and hanging panels.
- Low-cost, entry-level options
- Desk screens or floor screens
- Social distancing options available
- Four fabric colours
- Several heights and widths available
- Delivered in 6-9 working days!
Mobile Partition Screens
Mobile screens can be used in a wide variety of settings where you need an adjustable and flexible divider solution. Available in a choice of sizes, styles and surface options, these partitions can be used to integrate social distancing in the workplace, to segregate or cordon off areas, to help direct the flow of traffic or to simply divide rooms.
Each mobile screen is mounted onto easy-glide castor wheels making them moveable and easy to manoeuvre into position. Locking wheels can be secured when in position for safety.
- Moveable partition dividers
- Can be deployed quickly and easily
- Suitable for open plan offices
- Complete with locking castor wheels
- Choice of fabric or clear screens
- Helps to integrate social distancing
- Freestanding room dividers
- Range of sizes & styles to choose from
- Divides workstations
- Temporary or permanent solution
In an environment where it’s not affordable or practical to construct permanent meeting rooms or private offices, choosing a meeting pod that offers a cost-effective and flexible solution. Our range of office pods are available in a variety of sizes, colours and styles. You can even design your own unique office pod with a choice of glazed or fabric-covered walls.
Ideal spaces for collaborative teamwork, these pod kits are often used to create a room within a room. They are easy to disassemble and reassemble in a different location in the event of a change in the office layout.
- Bespoke designs available
- Promotes collaborative teamwork
- Glazed and fabric options available
- Useful room within a room
- Ideal for many different locations
- Can be designed to suit your office space
- Optional professional installation
- Unique design service available
Why Buy Your Office Screen from Us?
As you might expect from our name, we’re all about office screens. Our business is built on more than 20 years’ experience in the industry, designing and manufacturing market-leading products in the UK and constantly innovating to improve our customers’ experiences.
Our outstanding customer rating demonstrates the quality of our products and the 5* customer service that comes with it.
If you need any assistance choosing your office screens, our expert team is on-hand to offer advice and support. Please reach out to us via our Contact Us page, or call us on 01234 676767.